According to the internet, you can pop popcorn using a cell phone’s radiation, recharge a phone by plugging its charger into a banana, and make your phone’s battery last 50% longer by typing in a secret code. Sadly, not everything they say online is true, and these three are nothing but popular hoaxes.
1. The next hacks will help in the revival of phones, chargers, cleaning phone screens, and keep viral content forever. Now, as mentioned earlier, there are many apps out there. And a solid chunk of these apps are used for watching videos.
2. Could it be the Vine (now defunct), YouTube, or worldstarhiphop, all of these apps contain videos you want to watch more than once
3. So, in order to download and save these videos, all you need to do is install an app called Keepvid and you can download videos from all the these apps … and more! You can even control the video quality, which is replicated video Downloader for almost all video applications!
4. For those of us that would like to watch videos while we ate chicken wings and nachos, it gets pretty irritating when we can’t use the touch screen because of our sticky fingers. Guess what? If you have a banana lying around, these delicious potassium filled fruit can serve as a great substitute for the stylus.
5. What’s stylus pen, you ask? Well, the pen was a pen-like object that was introduced in the early 2000s, to allow users to write and draw on the touch screen before people thought it would be so much easier just using your fingers. So instead of having to use the fingers to tap on the screen or other parts of the body, just take the banana and use it to press the button!
6. If you are out from the charger or away from an outlet, do not worry, this next hack can help you charge your phone in an instant (or it may take a little more time). All you need for this trick is a 9V battery, a few coins (preferably silver) and a car charger.
7. Place the stack of coins on the negative charge of the battery (a bigger hole) and connect the Car charger to the positive charge. Now all you need to do is connect your phone and it should start to recharge! This hack only works with phones, so don’t try to use it with anything else.
8. If happened that you tag your phone with permanent mark, or if you decided to do it intentionally, fast and effective way to remove damage is simply to use some WD-40.
9. Spray a generous amount on the screen (or on a surface that is marked), and then use the cloth to wipe it. Rub firmly and thoroughly, and the marker should slowly, but surely come off.
10. For those who don’t know, a quick way to quickly charge your phone is to turn on ‘airplane mode’ while charging the phone. This speeds up the charging process by almost 50 percent, so if you are in a hurry, just flip your phone to another mode!
11. This hack requires a little more hand work, but it can save a couple of dollars! If you have ever had to cut the phone charger, then it’s useful. For this hack you need three separate stainless steel mini-rulers, a piece of cardboard, aluminum foil, and concentrated sulphuric acid.
12. Cut a piece of cardboard to the same size of metal ruler, and then let these pieces of cardboard to soak in a bowl of acid. While they absorb the acid, cut three pieces of aluminum foil, which again are the same size as the rulers and pieces of cardboard.
13. Then make a sandwich with a ruler at the bottom, put soaked piece of cardboard in the middle, and then finally a piece of aluminum foil on top. Stack them up until you have used all three pieces in this configuration. Attach all pieces together with the tape.
14. Here comes the tricky part. You need to attach the wire to the metal ruler. One positive and one negative. Make sure the cable ends are interwoven on the metal ruler. (Only metal conducts electricity, so make sure that the cables are fastened correctly).
15. Now, take your phone charger that was broken or cut in half, and connect the red wire with the red wire and the black wire with the black wire. If your phone charger has more than those two colors, it is perfectly normal. All you will need for this trick is a black and red wire.
16. Now connect the phone and voila! You got yourself a homemade, portable battery charger.
Images source: providr.com