1. In Pripyat, Ukraine, a city of about 50,000, the remnants of the city appear haunted. The city has been left vacant since 1986 when the Chernobyl disaster occurred. It will remain abandoned for thousands of years because it’s completely uninhabitable due to the radiation lingering at the site.
2. In Eastern Siberia, Russia, the Mirny Diamond Mine is largest man-made hole in the world. Stalin initiated the construction of it but abandoned the project when it became too difficult to continue digging.
3. In North Korea, the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang was abandoned and left unfinished after a massive famine plagued the country. It still stands abandoned and looking completely haunted.
4. In New Orleans, Louisiana, an amusement park Six Flags Jazzland was irreparably damaged from Hurricane Katrina and is left abandoned and appearing haunted.
5. In Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Disney’s Discovery Island is thought to be abandoned as a result of the presence of bacteria that’s capable of killing humans.
6. An abandoned coal plant in France looks incredibly strange and creepy and has a few too many places for ghosts to hide!
7. Even Ontario, Canada has a site that looks eerie and haunted. It’s creepy abandoned mill…
8. In Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, the SS America remains abandoned since 1994 after being in operation for 54 years.
9. In Waterbury, Connecticut, a theme park called Holy Land USA was based on popular themes from Christianity and at its peak in the 60’s and 70’s it had 40,000 visitors annual but the park closed in 1984.
10. In New Bedford, Massachusetts, The Orpheum Auditorium opened on the exact same day that the Titanic actually sunk on April 15, 1912. While a supermarket occupies a portion of the building, the rest is abandoned.
Images source: lifebuzz.com